Monday, February 25, 2008

Kia Ora Y'all From New Zealand!!


Miriam McCaleb had to hang another load of washing on the line and frolic in the ocean with her daughter, but she took time to share with us first! Thanks!!
"Greetings to DARE to AFFIRM from the summery South Pacific from a Tennessean New Zealander. I find your vision and energy are so delicious and I just wish I could create situations where my favourite thinkers from this side of the ocean and that could be together and realize how remarkable it is that we're speaking the same language and thinking of the same things without consciously trying to.
My family gets truckloads of attention from me, and then the circles of connection move out through extended family, friends, neighbours and some attention to those farther removed...but they still get it.
Eye contact, smiles and greetings, questions and kisses and cuddles are freely given as benefit the nature of the relationship. I try to have connection all over the place, always trying to learn the names of the individuals in the little mobs of teens in our neighbourhood - and I greet them warmly. I specifically tell friends or colleagues or the purveyors of fine snacks in cafes 'I appreciate you'.
EVERYONE IN THE RELATIONSHIP BENEFITS. Anybody watching or paying attention is learning and benefitting from my every interaction, so I actively make them all magnificent!
I catch people doing something right ALL THE BLOODY TIME. This is true of relationships with adults and very true of relationships with "children" of all ages.
And ooooooooooooooooooooooh how exciting that I am to receive a gift for my entry though I was fully expecting I had already received my gift: THE INTANGIBLE DELIGHT OF SUPPORTING OTHERS.

No comments: