Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Giant Treasure in My Life!!

Sometimes we take things for granted, and then there are times when something happens and we learn all over again to appreciate what is near and dear to our heart. See, this is all about affirming people and catching them doing something right?!? On 12/12 I had surgery on my foot. It has been an experience - a lesson in patience and healing, and a time to learn to let others nurture me - the nurturer!! I came home with crutches - and put them aside after a terrible fall five minutes into the house. This guy went to Good Will and found me a walker! He loves to find treasures there. Then he has been fixing meals and bringing them up to me. He is learning how to make all kinds of things and have them ready at about the 'right' time to serve everything together. He has been good spirited, caring and concerned. Then when I thought the walker might be ready to be set aside, well Thrift Village had a cane with feet!! This has been a gradual healing and a giant lesson in patience. If it weren't for my Billy - my husband of 37 years, this would have been even a bigger challenge than it might have been. So, my DARE to AFFIRM today is a GIANT THANK YOU to my gentle spirited husband!! And my message to all of you is to understand that it is ok to trust your care to another, have gratitude for the little things, and count every blessing that comes your way. Happy New Year to all of my friends!!

No comments: