Friday, December 5, 2008

It's How It Makes Us Feel!!

Writing in yellow today because this is a 'bright sunshiny' thought!! I had to share an experience that happened to me the other day. No need to say where or when, just that it was 'good'. Remember we are always saying that it is not what you say but how you make the person feel that is important? Well, we were at an event with a group of people, all known to us. Today for some reason, there was more of a conversation flow and overall, a pleasant atmosphere - 'guests' in someone's house. Just as we were leaving, I was saying good-bye and I heard this comment, quietly directed at me, "I really like how your hair looks!" Now you might think this was not a big deal. Trust me, it was and it was happening to me and it did do a lot to make me feel good - noticed - affirmed - and brought a peaceful ending to the day! I was affirmed as I do unto others, and it felt good!!

1 comment:

Amy Sperry Faldet said...

Genuine kindnesses are everything in this world. Everyday I ask how have I shown love, kindness, or light? Thanks for scattering joy.