Tuesday, July 1, 2008

QUIET JOY!!!!!

Today I learned a lesson!! I learned that JOY can be quiet...quiet joy...and tears don't always have to be ones of sadness...they too can be tears of joy.
This morning I went out to sit in the garden and watch the bees on the liatris. Their beautiful spikes - growing like weeds in the garden - are a gift. Then I looked over to the milkweed and saw it in every stage of its growth, except for the seed pod that throws off the beautiful skilky seeds. That too will come a bit later...with patience all things come.
After all of this, and watching some kind of red beetles mating on the milkweed, I walked to the back and looked at the one sunflower standing alone, strong, straight and proud. The light was shining on it just so...and I received this image. I call it Tuesday's Treasure and wish you all a HAPPY JULY. All of you, and my friends on http://www.flickr.com/ (I am daretoaffirm) have been warm and accepting and affirming...yet today I AM SATISFIED with the picture in all of its glory even if no one else comments on it!!
I needed to share these lessons with all of you...and with Bill. He is often happy, but his joy and happiness are expressed and felt in quiet ways. when I need to OH WOW the joy, maybe I am disappointed when it is not there and maybe, just maybe I need to be still and present and respect the QUIET JOY.
This is a major growth event for me - a step ahead in the dance of the relationships and adventures of my life. Thanks for listening. It is my wish that you too discover the QUIET JOY that can give your life balance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful image. Simple and intricate, and isn't that life in a nutshell? Nature is a patient tutor, if we only take the time to watch and listen. ing