Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Right Brained Curiosity to CREATE!!

What do I have here? What do I see? What can I do with this? And what else can I do with it? It is amazing...ALL of the POSSIBILITIES that I see!! We always talk about learning taking place every day in every way. I watched Bob as he was thinking about taking a picture...thinking of all of the possibilities of the camera, the light, the subject and whatever else might come to his "right brained" mind. It was a fascinating study as I could just about see his mind in operation.
Bob and I talk a lot about the TAO of photography...the zen of being...and just BEING in the present moment. Everyone would do well to begin this practice - just sit, look, listen, and well, take pictures without a camera. This way they are imprinted in your heart and will always be present for you.
Recently I discovered a photographer in Los Angeles who takes pictures of the homeless and shares their stories with folks who sign on to www.flickr.com. Why I write about this. To me, Paul shows once again how the Dance of Relationships is everywhere. He has through his unique style, developed a TRUST with people who allow him to photograph them and share their lives. I am not there to see exactly what he does, but my guess is that he offers them RESPECT, attention and affirmation of their worth to him.
It only takes a second to acknowledge another, offer a smile or a kind word...and never know how you might have made them feel.
DARE to AFFIRM and have a wonderful week - for yourself and for those whose lives you touch.

No comments: