Sunday, June 8, 2008

Eyes: Windows of the Soul

When I first meeet a person, it is his or her eyes that stand out to me. Do you notice these? I can tell so much:

  • I can see an essence that describes what is going on inside...
  • I can see if this is an open and communicative person who looks you right in the eye...
  • I can see if this is a person to be trusted...
  • I can see joy or sadness...
  • I can see a sense of confidence...or not
  • I can sense a willingness ...
  • I can meet a new friend...

The assignment in the photography class was a portrait with natural light. Once I saw Beth's eyes - the top left picture in the collage, I had a focus for myself for the evening. Being the individual that I am, I followed my path and looked into the eyes of those in the group.

What do you see? Do you look at people's eyes? Can you learn from what you see? If you never have, try it. It can be pretty amazing.


No comments: